Wednesday 26 February 2020

Suspend your Disbelief!


Well, here I am dear friends… finally, I will resume my writing!

I refer to my FB post (made today) “Reality has set in - I have an empty nest, and so I am starting over... not with children (hahaha) but with a complete career change. I make myself accountable to you all that I am starting and will (eventually) complete a BHSc Degree in Psychology, while I work- FULL TIME! Crazy or not here I go... 😲🤓#maturestudentjourney #crazyisarequirement.”

Yes, it is true.  At age 46, I will begin an undergraduate degree in Psychology at my own university (AUT).  This is daunting for 100 reasons, but here are the highlights:
  • I haven’t studied anything this big since the 1990s!
  • I am still working full time!
  • All my colleagues will be able to see my grades – SH1T – no pressure!

As daunting as this is, I have a great WHY.  I am very bored with administrative work and need to find new challenges. My back surgery, while it has fixed everything structurally, has not really resolved my pain.  This means that I will not be able to continue working an office job indefinitely, and I am not ready for a sickness benefit or retirement. I am very interested in the topic and would really like to be able to help people. 

So please, wish me luck and help me remember so that I do not fail.

I will be the little engine that could.

The end.




No comments:

Post a Comment